We are looking for uber passionate Android developers to join our client's Shift4 Payments software product team responsible for designing, developing and deploying Shift4’s new built-for-cloud restaurant platform that delivers on a complete solution for restaurant operators of all sizes that marries point-of-sale, guest engagement, online & mobile ordering, payments, analytics, table reservation, loyalty and much more. (his platform called “Edgewater”).
The main focal point of the platform consists of beautifully designed and highly functional Kotlin business apps deployed on both custom and consumer hardware. They have huge plans for this platform and need to expand the team with the best and brightest to ensure they continue to out-innovate competition and change the basis of competition.
- Hardcore coding in Kotlin of high-performant business solutions,
- Be an active, participant in a high velocity scaled Agile process,
- Work alongside other Software Engineers on the team to elevate technology and consistently apply best practices as they relate to the project and general software engineering concepts,
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Business Analysts, QA, and other team members to achieve elegant solutions which satisfy business needs, goals, and objectives,
- Provide recommendations for continuous improvement of development processes, technical solutions, and Edgewater itself,
- Test “your own” code via unit, integration and acceptance testing techniques to ensure delivery and quality goals are met,
- Diagnose and resolve issues with deployed systems using a variety of techniques including direct engagement with support personnel and customers.
- Experience in Kotlin programming, the Android 8 & 10 SDK, and with Google’s Android design principles,
- 2+ years of hands-on experience developing innovative Android apps (Java, Kotlin) targeting both business users and consumers,
- A plus: Hands-on experience using RabbitMQ for data synchronization and replication, and, RESTful APIs for fetching and upserting of transactions to the cloud back end,
- Knowledge or experience of Android UI design and ability to work closely with UI designers,
- A strong plus: experience with maintaining transactionality with asynchronous offline mode applications, threading, and performance tuning (their apps must be responsive and fast!),
- Strives to ensure that solutions are a great fit and use to the target end-user persona,
- Experience working in an agile software development lifecycle (SDLC) by designing, developing, and deploying working software through analysis of functionality as defined by a Product team,
- Expertise and focus around restaurant point of service apps (POS, Kiosk, online ordering) is a big plus,
- Comfortable and experienced identifying and implementing non-functional requirements, writing code that is clean, of good quality,
- Proficient with testing work-in-progress deliverables to make sure they meet acceptance criteria and functional requirements as defined by a Product team as well as non-functional requirements defined by the development team,
- Great interpersonal, verbal, and written skills including documentation of complex technical solutions (e.g., whiteboarding, code comments),
- Driven and wants to be part of a highly productive team that delivers products on a continual basis,
- As said above, Expertise and focus around restaurant point of service apps (POS, Kiosk, online ordering) is a big plus.
- A growing innovative company with a friendly atmosphere;
- Opportunity to join one of the biggest Android Engineers team in Vilnius;
- Library, training, online courses and conferences to improve your skills;
- Unifying events and team buildings;
- Remote workout classes;
- Competitive salary and performance - based bonuses;
- Additional vacation days;
- Health insurance;