Disaster Recovery Solutions Architect
Currently we are looking for a Disaster Recovery Solutions Architect to join our team! Your primary focus will be to support the Disaster Recovery programme and lead a small team of DR coordinators in managing the annual DR tests, DR application onboarding and the re-certification of existing DR solutions. You will be the conduit between business units, organizational stakeholders and solutions/service delivery teams in the event of a disaster recovery event within Customer’s select number DR protected critical applications and core services.
Since 1998 Exadel has been engineering its own software products and custom software for clients of all sizes. Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, Exadel currently has 1000+ employees in development centers across America, Europe and Asia.
About the Customer:
Founded in the Netherlands over 180 years ago, the Customer’s Company is a global leader in information services and expert solutions for professionals in the health, tax and accounting, risk and compliance, finance and legal sectors. As of 2017, it was recognized by Corporate Knights as one of the 100 most sustainable companies in the world. It operates in over 150 countries.
About the Project:
The Project involves migrating apps that have DR as part of infrastructure.
The outputs of the process will include all relevant code and detailed Low Level Design that address the needs of the business. Engineers will work closely with Architecture and Operations to ensure all solutions are seamless transitioned from build to run.
It is necessary to leverage a standard set of enterprise wide artefacts such as Design Patterns and Standards, follow guiding design principles ensuring the develop solutions or technical components deliver GBS strategic intent, whilst meeting the solution requirements providing business value.
● More than 5 years of IT Experience;
● Experience in managing Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity annual tests and maintenance;
● Related Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery work experience involved in large scale business transformation projects, and use of structured Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery methodologies for multi-million-dollar projects;
● Strong business & technology focussed leader with specific expertise and experience in disaster recovery development and reporting;
● Experience of working with different methodologies;
● Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities;
● Excellent communication and presentation skills;
● Project management skills: financial/budget management, scheduling and resource management.
● Support the Disaster Recovery (DR) Program through knowledge, engagement and communication among various organizations including leadership, business continuity, application support teams, and operations;
● Promote DR Program task completion, ensure the disaster recovery process and procedures are driven in support of both IT and user’s needs;
● Promote continuous improvement and efficiencies throughout the DR Program and DR Planner team;
● Contribute and promote the use of tools, processes and procedures for DR Program and DR planners;
● As a team leader, in addition to the below tasks that will be done as an individual performer, provide leadership of up to 4 other individuals with similar skills;
● Establish and maintain the overall plans and procedures for executing application and site DR recoveries and interdependencies, including proper change management
● Create and maintain IT disaster recovery plans;
● Work with the IT technical staff to ensure that disaster recovery solutions are adequately maintained and tested as part of the regular operational life cycle;
● Develop, understand, plan and direct testing necessary for a successful DR test exercise
● Schedule and lead DR exercises and certifications efforts to ensure compliance with DR Program objectives and KPIs;
● Produce Disaster Recovery reporting and metrics at agreed frequency;
● Act as liaison for auditing and examination of disaster recovery processes;
● Help ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations.
● Track and manage any project risks, issues, and dependencies.
Advantages of working with Exadel:
● Attractive salary — we reward your commitment to our company
● Personal development — we understand that life-long learning is important and support everything that encourages a personal willingness to learn
● Language classes with a native speaker
● Flexible work schedule — a good work-life balance is the most important prerequisite for being creative and productive
● Friendly work environment
● Interesting job in an innovative company with the latest technologies
● Collaboration with a team full of interesting people
As a successful, high-growth company, we know that our employees are critical to our success. This is why we encourage ingenuity, creativity and teamwork as important elements to the growth of our business. We believe that career growth and business growth go hand in hand.