JAVA Software Engineer
Hey there! Would you like to work with the latest technologies, build systems from scratch and get stuff done?
We're a company on a mission to create modern customer experience platform to power the future of CX.
We increase customer revenue by enabling marketers to create personalized customer experience journeys (CXJ's). We take on big data, analytics and machine learning problems to help consumer brands you know and love, personalize their experiences to you.
We don’t use silly terms like rocket-ship. You won't find us showing off unicorn glitter or talking about exponential curves around here, just a real company making a strong attempt at a proper healthily growing business.
Intempt is a modern platform for configuring CX personalization. Intempt as a business is made up of three primary products:
- Intempt Platform - A Platform that is used to pull the customer profile together from a variety of sources
- Intempt App - A fully managed App with powerful automation
- Intempt SDK's - Getting data in and personalization out of the platform
The platform is targeted at developers, and in turn allows the CX team to build personalized experiences.
As the company grows, we’re looking for an experienced infrastructure engineer to join the team and be a development leader for our Intempt platform and services. This is a senior role reporting directly to Intempt’s Head of Engineering with plenty of freedom and control to architect a real production system - with a ton of room for improvement.
What we're looking for
All of our infrastructure and systems have gone through several iterations, but have ultimately been built by a small/scrappy team of passionate developers. Our platform these days is pretty solid, but it took us a long time and a lot of trial and error to get here. What we’re looking for now is someone who is comfortable and confident in leading our architecture and taking it to the next level.
We are looking for engineers that are able to apply the principles and discipline of robust large scale distributed systems to solve the problem of personalized experiences, while enhancing developer productivity and maintaining elegant and simple systems.
You will be part of a skilled team of engineers dealing with a mix of systems and software engineering skills, executing in a fast paced environment. If you love working on software products that touch the consumer and want some serious experience under startup conditions, you should definitely join our team.
Experience specifically relating to data processing, machine learning, analytics at web scale, continuous integration, monitoring and SLA’s is a huge advantage. Previous remote work and startup experience is also very valuable.
What you’ll do
- Be part of a team responsible for a critical part of Intempt's Infrastructure, written in Java
- Participate in designing and implementing product architecture
- Assist with the architecture and design of new and current systems in a collaborative technology driven environment
- Ensure SLAs for your services
What you’ll need
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related technical discipline. Equivalent practical experience is a reasonable substitute
- Good programming skills and an interest to pick up new ones. We currently use Java and Scala extensively
- Thorough knowledge of algorithms, data structures, and OOD/OOP principles
- A good understanding of large-scale distributed storage and systems. We use Spark, RabbitMQ, Kafka, Cassandra and PostgreSQL
- Experience of writing unit, integration and functional tests
Bonus if you have
- Experience in building big data, analytics or machine learning software
Why work at Intempt?
- You're interested in owning equity at an extremely early (seed stage) startup
- You're interested in boosting your career growth by delivering on a big responsibility at an innovative startup
- You're interested in a flexible work and vacation schedule
- You're interested in a customized health and benefits program tailored to your lifestyle and needs
We don't mind where you're based or what hours you work, but this role does require reasonable working-hours overlap with the rest of our internal/ops engineering team in Europe, as well as availability to be on-call on a rotating schedule in the event of downtime.
We value diversity of all types at Intempt and our team is made up of a kind, thoughtful group of people with a wide range of backgrounds. We actively try to find people with different perspectives and experiences to the ones we already have.
How to Apply
We like to keep the core team small, automate as much as possible with robots, build great software, and enjoy our work. Those are the things we optimize for. If that sounds like a good fit for you, then we’d encourage you to get in touch!