Java Software Engineer
Job Description name:
Do you want to be a major part in the architecture transformation of our central services with microservice, event-driven architecture and RESTful APIs? Then keep reading. The architectural strategy is that our services are easily accessible and reflects the capabilities we provide. This requires a transformation toward a microservices enabled architecture involving new platforms and technologies, resilient integration patterns as well of changing the way of work - you will be a key player in driving this change.
Intro About DGITL:
Danske Bank Group IT Lithuania (DGITL) is a part of an organization, which delivers world-class digital financial solutions to customers. DGITL is newly established IT site operating from the end of 2014 but it is already the fastest growing IT organization in Lithuanian market. We have an understanding that the current change is Technology-driven, and we prioritize IT as a key component for success in our journey to drive digital disruption in the bank. DGITL teams work with complex tech challenges and develop Danske Bank’s global competitive edge on innovative digital solutions. Teams are driven by job content, share ownership of strategic services, own service strategy and lead improvement. One more important feature – senior leadership is present on site. Fast changing, high performing, innovative Core Payments IT area.
Your main tasks will be: You will work in independent agile team delivering state of the art payment solutions and APIs for future banking/FinTech in strategic international projects.
The role requires you to work independently, and is collaborative in nature with a bright mind and ability to understand complex platforms. Moreover it is a unique opportunity to contribute to a non-traditional banking set-up characterized by start-up culture, high pace, agile development, flat hierarchy, and with an overarching customer-focused approach.
- Key requirement: Passion in building solutions with Java
- Passion about delivering a well-designed, optimized and scalable solutions
- Ensuring that architectural choices are based on best practice and lives up to the agility required to continue being best in class
- Take full responsibility of solutions (from design to deployment)
- Disrupt our thinking based on experiences with new technologies
- Open minded team always ready to listen and follow most innovative ideas
- Transforming and adapting legacy systems to a new and modern platform
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills and excellent command in English. Experience of tools, technologies and platforms we are using in daily work (as advantage):
- Spring Boot, Spark
- DevOps tools, Jenkins, Docker, RedHat OpenShift, Kubernetes
- Message brokers: Kafka, RabbitMQ, IBM MQ
- RPC: gRPC, Avro
- ELK stack
- Quality assurance frameworks and monitoring tools prometheusoperator, appDynamics
- Curiosity for best practices in automation frameworks
- Java certifications (advantage)
- Excellent English
- Bachelor’s or master degree in IT (advantage)
- Challenging tasks and hands on experience with new technologies
- Work in an international expert team, which concentrates on innovative business facing solutions
- Extensive learning opportunities to ensure that your skills are constantly improving
- Cross business career opportunities in the bank
- On-Site: Vilnius, Goštauto 12A
- Start ASAP
- 3+3 Month with extension possibility