Lead Java Software Engineer in Core Payments
Do you want to be a major part and contributor in projects what really matters and be a part of architectural transformation? Then keep reading.
Right now, we are looking for a lead software engineer, who knows how to build reliable and scalable systems as well as having ambitions to be a leader and a role model.
You will be joining a non-traditional banking development set-up, characterized by start-up culture, high pace, collaboration, flat hierarchy and agile ways of working, all with focus on delivering the state of the art high criticality solutions in order to create the safest payment ecosystem.
Your focus will be to ensure and understand the deliveries and their future evolution for compliance with strategical group technological stack. You have to be an excellent team player and feel confident in working in a global environment with your colleagues in other countries as our team members work closely together with software engineers and finance specialists in Copenhagen.
Here in Vilnius you will technically lead an ambitious IT team and that would mean:
- Driving strategic vision of future solutions that strives to prevent cybercrime and fraud by re-implementing legacy systems to a new and modern platform
- Participation and contribution to the daily agile work with the team to deliver its objectives and solve any issues preventing the team from performing
- Proactive engagement, collaboration and communication with relevant stakeholders and managers by aligning expectations
- Collaborate closely with the architects, software engineers and business analysts
- Ensuring that design choices are based on best practice and lives up to the agility required to continue being best in the class
- Write marvelous code with focus on developer experience and take full responsibility of solutions (from design to deployment)
- Research, design, develop and integrate Software solutions with high usability, performance and stability applying agile approach
- Keeping up with the best practices and knowledge sharing
- Having high quality focus and practical approach to test
- 5+ years’ experience in developing using Java technologies
- Deep understanding of Java, object oriented design and patterns
- Wide understanding of tools supporting Java development, Java libraries and frameworks
- Good understanding of Domain Driven Design, REST API principles, event-driven architecture and event driven design
- Good understanding of microservices and the implications of microservice architecture
- The tech stack: Java 8, Tomcat, Maven, Spring, Spring Boot, REST, SOAP, JUnit, JIRA, Bitbucket/GIT, Jenkins, DB2, SQL Server, Red Hat OpenShift, Docker, Message Queue, ESB and will and ability to learn new languages and frameworks
- Understanding and experience with CI/CD
- The role requires you as senior developer to work both independently and in collaborative nature, feel comfort in working in multi-context environment
- Strong sense of ownership, quality-conscious, delivery-focus and responsibility
- Understanding of financial and/or banking processes would be an advantage
- Understanding or previous experience of fighting cybercrime or fraud would be an advantage
- We expect you to be willing to set the bar high for the team and you to have a passion for developing and educating people so please let us know about you if you feel like an open-minded team player with agile and holistic mind-set and strong communication, inter-personal skills
We will ensure that exact salary offered for you will be based on your qualifications, competencies, professional experience and requirements for the corresponding job function (salary range from 3350 EUR to 5000 EUR gross EUR/monthly).
We care about your well-being and work-life balance, so we offer a whole package of benefits for you in addition!