Senior Mainframe Developer @ Treasury IT | Contract | 3 to 6 Months
Consultant will engage with Treasury IT team in Group Finance Solutions, where his role will be one of design, build, and deploy for high performance, reliability and scalability. Consultant will understand how the end-to-end stack works and will work on shaping it closely together with IT team’s lead architects, back-end software engineers and business analysts. and would be responsible for developing APIs pointing to mainframe backend.
- Maintaining and enhancing existing mainframe solutions;
- Support .NET developers on building a new frontend app on top of existing mainframe backend;
- Proactively helping to architect and execute migration from mainframe to a modern tech stack;
- Have direct impact on how we design and build our solutions to meet architectural principles and system ambitions;
- Working closely with other developers throughout the organisation to ensure development is in par with development guidelines and best practices;
- Managing personal time in the best manner and taking responsibility for technical decisions aligned to overall architectural ambitions;
- Staying pro-active in learning new skills and industry best practices to position our solutions as top-quartile in the business;
- Enjoy and sustain an informal and pleasant working environment.
- Knowledge about z/OS and TWS (OPC) – jobs, dependencies, APPL, use of OPC variables;
- JCL – programming, DB2 unload, Sort;
- DB2 and SQL
- Experience migrating mainframe solutions to modern tech stack is highly appreciated
- Good understanding of development lifecycle process
- Ability to work both in team and individually
- Good communication skills in English – both written and verbal
- An inspiring environment in a large IT organization;
- Responsibility in a growing IT organization facing the challenge and the opportunity to influence and shape our team in Vilnius;
- Work in an international team, which concentrates on innovative business facing solutions.