Software Commissioning Engineer
Dematic is a leading supplier of integrated automated technology, software and services to optimize the supply chain. Dematic employs over 7,000 skilled logistics professionals to serve its customers globally, with engineering centers and manufacturing facilities located around the world. Dematic is one brand under the KION Group of companies and has implemented more than 6,000 integrated systems for a customer base that includes small, medium and large companies doing business in a variety of market sectors.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, Dematic is a member of KION Group, a global leader in industrial trucks, related services and supply chain solutions. Across more than 100 countries worldwide, the KION Group designs, builds and supports logistics solutions that optimize material and information flow within factories, warehouses and distribution centers. The company is the largest manufacturer of industrial trucks in Europe, the second-largest producer of forklifts globally and a leading provider of warehouse automation.
Its exciting times within Dematic, as our business experiences double digit growth year on year. At the heart of this growth is the cutting-edge software we are developing to support innovative Materials Handling solutions for our customers.
The Software Commissioning engineer will therefore play a critical role in the delivery of this software to our customers across EMEA (possibly with some global travel).
Purpose of the role:
Commissioning of customer specific software for integrated and IT-standalone automated Intra-logistics systems and solutions. Further focus on Ramp Up Support, training activities, Service and After Go-Live Support of all supplied systems.
- On site execution and documentation of Dematic iQ (WMS) related test steps based on defined test cases and ad-hoc tests as a member of the project commissioning team.
- To record all the software commissioning test results into the proper facilities associated with the commissioning test procedure (e.g. JIRA / Testrail).
- Qualification of correct / incorrect material flow system behaviour.
- Analysing of dedicated material flow scenarios in case of erroneous system behaviour.
- To support commissioning by generation and monitoring of throughput tasks in order to enhance system availability and stability.
- To provide support to site-wide system commissioning activities (Integration, Performance, Site Acceptance Testing) until acceptance by the end-user as well as Go-Live support.
- To advise the Project Manager / Tech. Project Lead of progress, challenges and problems with completion of personal tasks and assigned work packages
The expectations for the successful individual is that as their experience and understanding of Dematic software and commissioning techniques grows so will the responsibility and challenges within the role in relation to training of customers, providing modifications and development support.
This really is an opportunity to take on a role with great challenges and leads for future development.
What We Are Looking For
This is a challenging but ultimately hugely rewarding opportunity. To be successful in it you will need:
- Background or experience in Software Engineering or Automation
- Desirable: Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline
- Principles of PLC based industrial control systems
- Knowledge of Object-oriented concepts
- Desirable: able to understand SAP-ABAP or Java, C# or C++ code.
- Knowledge of Relational Databases (Oracle/SQL Server).
- Comfortable working with automated equipment.
Above all you will be an enthusiastic software engineer keen to develop your career within a mature engineering organisation where software plays an important role.
What We Offer
- Lots of travelling to many different countries (about 80% of the time)
- Monthly salary + 100% daily allowances
- Health insurance
- New office near Kaunas Old Town
- Discounts for food at local cafe