Software Engineer (Oracle, Java, automation)
Position for Oracle and Java Software Engineer with a passion to automation to join the R&D team in Tia Technology, a Sapiens company
Are you passionate about software development and automation? Besides that, do you love coding and care about how software is built and tested? Are you looking for an environment where you can work with dedicated professionals, can grow professionally? You are willing to be part of a great team that develops a successful solution for the global insurance market? Then you match the profile we are looking for to join our R&D team in Tia Technology.
About the Job:
In Tia R&D Enterprise tribe we work on maintaining and enhancing core software solution for insurance business management.
We are looking for a software engineer to one of our squads in Tia R&D Enterprise tribe who will be part of a team developing software based on customer requirements. We expect you knowing PL/SQL and having REST services development experience and as well willing to learn more about DevOps, work with automation, and modernizing development pipelines.
Our software development in the squad is mainly around PL/SQL, REST services, and Oracle ADF/JHS (where ADF is not a must that you need to know or willing to work on). We do expect you to be contributing to DevOps best practices on how our software is built, deployed, and released.
Our work is driven by Agile principles and we follow Scrum best practices.
- Being part of the team, develop new features, and contribute to expanding standard Tia functionality, improve the existing solution;
- Contribution while improving tools for building, deploying, releasing our software, together with architects, DevOps, and other engineers inside or outside the team;
- Participate in feature design meetings and discussion with Product Owners, software development, and test engineers;
- Contribute to performance optimization;
- Contribute to continuous improvement of our test automation;
- Follow secure coding practices;
- Carry out code inspection of your peers;
- Participate in Scrum events, actively contribute in guilds, chapters;
- Contribute to internal and external documentation;
- Contribute to best practices and Engineering Excellence within the development and continuous integration.
Your current skills and education:
- Minimum a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science/Software Engineering;
- Five or more years working experience as a professional software engineer;
- Minimum three years of professional experience with Java for enterprise applications;
- Minimum three years of professional experience with Oracle DB (PL/SQL);
- Experience working with Spring Boot and REST APIs;
- It is not a must, but it would be considered a plus if you have experience working with Tia Suite or other insurance application;
- It's not a must, but would be considered a plus if you have experience in DevOps and building modern development pipelines.
Tools and technologies, which you will be working with:
- Oracle DB (PL/SQL, SQL);
- REST services (Java Spring Boot);
- Source code version control (SVN, Git);
- Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins, Gitlab)
Following is preferred, or you are willing to learn it:
- ADF (Weblogic) (optional);
- Puppet, Chef;
- VirtualBox, VMware;
- Maven, Ant;
As a person, we expect:
- You are a team player, collaborative in a diverse team with different competency and seniority levels, different personalities, cultures;
- You are carrying out the work independently;
- You are someone taking responsibility and eagerly getting into new tech or functional areas;
- You care of and strive for all kinds of software engineering excellence, such as e.g. clean coding, secure coding, performance, quality;
- You have a DevOps mindset – you understand, care and contribute to how our software is built and deployed;
- You are goal-driven and you are a loyal person who is looking for a long-term position and who is willing to invest the time necessary in learning a complex enterprise application;
- You have good English knowledge, spoken as well as in writing, and you are good at communicating.