This assignment expired 5 months ago
Systems Integration Manager
Dematic is a leading supplier of integrated automated technology, software and services to optimize the supply chain. Dematic employs over 7,000 skilled logistics professionals to serve its customers globally, with engineering centers and manufacturing facilities located around the world. Dematic is one brand under the KION Group of companies and has implemented more than 6,000 integrated systems for a customer base that includes small, medium and large companies doing business in a variety of market sectors.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, Dematic is a member of KION Group, a global leader in industrial trucks, related services and supply chain solutions. Across more than 100 countries worldwide, the KION Group designs, builds and supports logistics solutions that optimize material and information flow within factories, warehouses and distribution centers. The company is the largest manufacturer of industrial trucks in Europe, the second-largest producer of forklifts globally and a leading provider of warehouse automation.
Purpose of Role
- To ensure all sub-systems supplied within a Dematic solution are correctly integrated.
- To obtain an appropriate qualification (understanding of automated solution designs, interfaces, dependencies, limitations and testing techniques) and relevant experience in order to become a fully qualified Systems Integration Manager.
Main Job Objectives
Systems Integration engineer is responsible for ensuring all sub-systems supplied within a Dematic solution are correctly integrated; this involves defining scope, interfaces and testing for all sub-systems and acceptance testing for the overall solution.
- Responsible for the system scope, functionality and acceptance testing, ranging from material handling equipment controllers through to logistics software systems and interfacing to other software systems. This implies, but is not limited to:
- Interpret and help to develop customer requirements into Functional Design Specifications and approve Control Sub-system Specifications as applicable
- Co-ordinate input and requirements for simulation and emulation. Ensure that results are implemented on all control levels
- Approve / produce interface specifications for all control sub-systems and, where applicable, produce integration specification to complement high level logistic system Functional Design Specification (FDS)
- Ensure that the above meets with all customer requirements according to the contractual agreement in place
- Keep the PM regularly informed of the status of the above
- Act as the Dematic focal point internally, for relevant subcontractors and for the Customer, on all systems integration related matters
- Produce and maintain documents and plans, detailing the project integration timetable and deadlines, resource & test requirements, project methodologies etc.
- Liaise with appropriate Section Managers to ensure that the correct level of effort and resource is allocated to their contracts
- Prepare a monthly report detailing, but not limited to, progress against plan, resource requirements and potential problems
- Develop / verify specifications produced by others for Factory (FAT) and Site (SAT) Acceptance Tests, Tests on Completion and Performance Tests
- Manage, execute & attend all test activities. Ensure results are properly recorded and publish results in form of an executive summary
Knowledge & Experience Required
- Degree or equivalent qualification is expected in the field of Control Engineering, Information Systems or Maths
- Previous experience in design or testing of warehouse management software and / or control systems in the automated materials handling industry is an advantage
- IT Project Management experience is an advantage
- The role supports projects globally so requires substantial international travel.
What We Offer
- Lots of business trips
- Monthly salary + 100% daily allowances
- Health insurance
- New office near Kaunas Old Town
- Discounts for food at local cafe