Angular Software Developer
Cortlex was founded in 2015 by the developers as a company in which they themselves enjoy working. It has a flat structure, transparency in communication, and service on the principle 'people first'. Working with Cortlex, we become a part of a distributed development team and are involved in the development of our client's product. We frequently go on business trips and communicate directly with customers from Belgium, Italy, the USA, the Netherlands, and Sweden.
Right now we are looking for an Angular Software Developer for the Nexxiot team.
Nexxiot is a full-stack IoT company and an industry leader in the area of low-power telematics for railcars and tanktainers. The company focuses on the development and delivery of digital supply chain management solutions for businesses that want to increase the efficiency of their fleet and unlock additional revenue potentials.
In addition to its headquarter in Switzerland, Nexxiot operates offices in Germany and the USA, and at the moment we are building a dedicated Nexxiot team here at Cortlex.
Several technical and non-technical teams are responsible for creating and scaling Nexxiot’s technology and business model. Angular Software Engineer will be a part of an interdisciplinary product team and will focus on implementing software features according to the requirements provided by the Product Owner. In collaboration with the Product Owner and Software Architects he or she will be creating solution designs, implementing them into the software, testing, operating and maintaining the resulting software services according to the Site Reliability Engineering practices.
- Collaborate with the Product Owner and Software Architects to produce Solution Design Document which enables effort estimations and planning of implementation work, break down Epics into Stories
- Implement software components and services including testing and writing technical documentation according to Continuous Integration best practices
- Deploy software service to different environments using Continuous Deployment practices, operate and maintain those deployments according to the principles of Site Reliability Engineering – pipelines are already set up
- Review and discuss Solution Design Documents written by teammates
- Review and approve Merge respectively Pull Requests created by teammates
- Participate in agile software development activities (e.g. stand-ups, planning meetings, demos, retrospectives)
- Act as onboarding buddy for new team members
Our perfect candidate:
- Acquainted with the Git version management system (Gitlab) and CI/CD best practices (Gitlab pipelines)
- Good conceptual skills in developing solution designs, documenting, and implementing them in software
- Experience working on UI/UX would be nice to have
- Experience in Linux/Unix shell is a great plus
- Basic understanding of operating (Kubernetes, ECS/Fargate) and monitoring (Prometheus, DataDog, CloudWatch) highly available and scalable software services in cloud-native environments is an advantage
- Fluent spoken and written English
- German would be a plus
- Open-minded team player, taking end-to-end responsibility to get things done
- Curious and never afraid of learning new tools, technologies, and methodologies, find pleasure in understanding how things work
What's in it for you:
- Opportunity to grow professionally
- Flexible working hours
- Possibility to work from home 1 day per week if you want to (During the pandemic most of our team works remotely, of course)
- Office in a well accessible central location (Just in case you need people around and PS access)
- Business trips to Zurich, Switzerland
- The fun, family-like atmosphere
- Flat structure and minimum bureaucracy - we're people first
- Medical expenses coverage
- 5 sick days per calendar year (no need to go to the doctor and get an official sick leave)
- Corporate holidays and various team buildings (both Cortlex and Nexxiot ones)
Do you like the position?
Apply here or contact Eglė via firstname.lastname@example.org.