Full Stack Engineer
Today, many operational decisions in companies are still based on human judgement, while there is a big push to become data-driven. The early AI-adopters have experimented with pure-play Artificial Intelligence to support decision taking. Unfortunately, this seems to be not that easy as 85% of these AI-projects failed to deliver. Important reasons are that the project didn’t start from the business goal but from the data, that lots of business expertise was not represented in the data used to train the AI models, that there was a lack of human validation in the loop to take the final decision, there was insufficient support by the business due to a lack of transparency & business validation and finally many AI solutions didn’t leave the ‘lab’ as it proved too hard to scale from prototype to a real production implementation. Summarized, pure AI to drive business decisions is insufficient and companies are confronted with three main challenges to make AI projects successful. The first one is the Alignment between business, (AI) analysts and IT (Devops). The second one is the need to bring Human & AI together to make better decisions. The third one is the need to manage Wisdom as a company asset, to turn feedback and knowledge scattered throughout the organisation into reusable and manageable assets to improve the decision taking.
Our Decision Intelligence platform brings an answer to these three main challenges and is complementary to the major AI technology platforms like Microsoft, Google and Amazon. We help international companies to onboard our ‘Buddies’ (Decision Intelligence Apps build on top of our Platform) as their first AI + Human platform. This will offer them strategic advantages towards their competitors
We are looking to expand our team with people who love:
- a startup mentality
- big autonomy and responsibility
- to work with a team of experts
- join our pioneer role in the space of AI+Human (decision Intelligence)
In this role you will get ...
- We work in an agile manner. During the daily scrum meeting (remote using MS Teams or at the office) we discuss any blocking issues with your team members location in Europe.
- After a sprint period, we take time for feedback and learn how we can improve as a team and as an individual.
- You can plan your work flexible, however we deliver our SaaS solution as a team.
- You can rely on the expertise of the team. You are never alone if you have a problem.
- Whenever a major milestone is achieved, we take some time to celebrate.
On day one we will expect you to...
- take leadership in your specific job domain;
- be able to coach new people on the job.
- C# .NET
- Azure Web API and other PaaS services
- Angular Node.js, typescript
- Docker. Kubernetes
- Entity framework, LINQ, SQL
Added bonuses you have...
- you are pro-active and open to communicate potential risks or issues in any technical domain of our software products;
- you are passionate about Microsoft technology (although we also use lots of open source for our data science functionality);
- you have been working in a product development team before, and are familiar with SCRUM, DEVOPS, Cloud Technology (AWS or Azure);
- you know how to document functional or technical aspects of the solution (although this is not the primary objective of the job - there is an analyst in the team);
- you are a ‘pragmatic’ developer;
- you are fluent in English.
Cnext is built on an open, respectful, all-inclusive and honest culture, which we also share with our customers. We are a small team of 15 highly skilled people from different nationalities, joining from time to time in our offices in either Vilnius (LT) or Mechelen (BE).
We run our company in a professional manner without the burden of too many inefficient processes large companies tend to have.
Besides working in our software products, we also take time to share insights and knowledge within the team during our Innovation Labs and Knowledge sharing Sessions.
Off course there’s also time for some serious fun: Once a year everyone gathers during our Offsite Team event in a nice location somewhere in Europe (Barcelona, Vilnius, Athens, …) and a few times a year we enjoy team activities like a Virtual Reality Team game, or solve escape room challenges, … whatever we like ..
- You will join a multi-disciplinary team with the best people in their field (data-scientist, data-engineer, DevOps, Azure Cloud development, sales&marketing)
- There is only 1 boss - our customers. You are free to take initiatives, as long as they contribute to the success of our products and are in line with our company values.
- Cnext can be your personal accelerator, as long as you are not afraid to expand your horizon, learn and improve in what you do.