Senior Java Developer | AmerisourceBergen
Are you looking to make a difference in a patient’s life? At AmerisourceBergen, you will find an innovative culture that is patient-focused and dedicated to making a difference. As an organization, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures.
AmerisourceBergen is a publicly-traded Fortune 10 global healthcare solutions company and is one of the world's largest pharmaceutical services companies. Powered by our associates around the world, we provide pharmaceutical products and business solutions that improve access to care. We operate the backbone of the healthcare supply chain. We drive the future of local care delivery. We guide medical innovations to market. We create healthier futures.
What you will be doing:
MWI Animal Health provides a cloud-based web platform (Merlin) to the veterinary industry. We support thousands of clinics and vets in their everyday activities and are currently scaling out the platform for our customers and their users.
What the Platform Does?
Our platform (Merlin) provides the following functionality to the veterinarian:
- Management of client and patient records in our practice management system;
- Generation of invoices, stock management;
- Patient communication, reminders, and messaging;
- Integration with hardware in the clinic and third-party API’s for customers;
- Management of appointments between patient and the veterinary practice;
- Synchronization of clinical records.
As a Senior Developer, you will build and deliver applications and integrations in an agile manner to our customers and their users.
As part of your day-to-day activities, you will:
- Develop cloud-based solutions using Java technology in a multi-tenanted environment;
- Work with our product team on functional and non-functional solutions in a collaborative manner to solve problems in the most efficient way;
- Work on scaling challenges (performance, robustness, reliability, security) with our cloud-services team on our services-based architecture;
- Work on testing our applications with quality assurance to ensure high quality as well as performing load, stress, and security testing with the team;
- Work with our engineering group on iterating towards our target architecture for the platform;
- Provide coaching and support to junior developers and QA’s in the team.
What your background should look like (minimum qualifications)
We’re looking for people with experience:
- Working within multi-disciplinary development teams in fast-paced environments with product owners, developers, and QA’s;
- The core Java language and ecosystem (we use Java 8 currently);
- Experience with back-end engineering using Java Enterprise Edition or Spring, including RESTful API development;
- Excellent understanding of SQL and working with databases (DDL and DML) - we use SQL Server and have dedicated DBA’s and developers;
- Experience working in a cloud-based environment on developer operations problems (we use Microsoft Azure) - provisioning, deploying, and monitoring applications;
- Experience working with build tools such as Maven and CI solutions (Jenkins, Octopus);
- Experience with test frameworks for unit, integration, and API testing (we use JUnit, Mockito, and Arquillian).
Nice to have:
- Web-application development technology with React. We currently use Google Web Toolkit;
- Experience with microservices-based architecture;
- Experience with Kubernetes solutions (e.g. AKS) and Docker, Terraform a plus;
- Experience with site-reliability engineering practices.
What AmerisourceBergen offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes benefit programs that are comprehensive, diverse, and designed to meet the various needs across our associate population.
Throughout our global footprint and various business units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we offer. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contributions. Specific benefit offerings may vary by location, position, and/or business unit.